Here at Gypsum Express, we know that our drivers truly make the difference, so we provide them with the very best. To us you’re not just a number; you’re a member of our family, and we work hard to make your job easier. Gypsum offers our drivers better pay, superior equipment, flexible benefits packages, and time at home with your family. Our new and late model Freightliner Cascadias will get you where you need to be with ease, and with 11 terminals conveniently located, you can bet that you will be able to haul more loads. See why you should become a member of our Gypsum
Dan Henderson (Vice President of Sales & Logistics), Jerry Harris (Vice President of Vans & Dedicated Operations), John Wight (President & Owner), Tim Sheppard (Vice President of Flatbed Operations)
Been in the trucking industry since 1983. That is when I took my road test for my Class 1 Chauffeurs License, later years government changed it to CDL Class A license. In my 37 years in the trucking industry I have only worked for 5 companies and was never unemployed. I have been 20 years with Gypsum Express, was a driver in the Flatbed division, Dry Van and Doubles Operation, today I am in the recruiting department. Whenever I was in the drivers’ seat, I always had “pride in my ride” from polished chrome and extra lights for attraction. Most memorable time coming to Gypsum, it was the first time I ever drove a truck with a “jake brake” could not believe the technology. Trucking has given me the opportunity to put a roof over my head, food on my table and raise two daughters with time and money left over to enjoy the finer things in life.
When not staring at trucks going down the road I can be found out on the water. Either above or below I enjoy the power and serenity of water. Certified PADI rescue diver and boat enthusiast.
"The taste of the roast depends on the welcome of the host."
- Bob Lingyak
Recruiter, Gypsum Express Ltd
• Originally from Baldwinsville NY graduated C.W Baker High School
• Retired after 26 years as an Aircraft Weapons System Specialist with the U.S. Airforce, a Veteran of Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Kosovo and Iraqi Freedom Campaigns.
• Joined Gypsum Express in September of 2013 as a Safety and Compliance specialist, where he handled drivers logs, accident reporting and investigations, as well handling the company’s cargo claims.
• Accepted the duties of orientation and load securement instructor, helping new drivers navigate the inroads of a new company
• Yet another learning path within the company moved into the recruiting dept and relocated to our Georgetown SC terminal to facilitate growth for the southeast divisions.
• My main goal is to establish and maintain relationships with recent CDL school graduates as well as experienced drivers in an attempt to bring them into the Gypsum family, where they can earn the pay requisite for their hard work as well as be treated with the respect they deserve.
Director of Driver Recruiting and Retention
• I earned my College degree in Criminal Justice, after high school in upstate NY.
• Later joined the US Army in August of 2001. I joined with an Army Ranger contract and made it straight through the program and was assigned to 2nd Ranger Battalion in Fort Lewis WA. Served in both Iraq and Afghanistan during my time in service. Assisted with recruiting duties in my last 6 months in service.
• Became a police office in the greater Seattle Metropolitan area. Worked various assignments, but primarily patrol for the 10 years I served.
• Assisted with recruiting at various events like job fairs etc.
• After Leaving the Department we moved to Salt Lake City Utah. I earned my Class A CDL and drove all 48 as well as several dedicated accounts. I learned a great deal and got to see the majority of this beautiful country.
• I then moved into the office for another large carrier working in many roles from safety and compliance management, driver manager, fleet manager as well as leading orientation and hiring in the NE when we moved back to Syracuse, NY.
• Gypsum express has furthered my knowledge of the trucking industry and been a fabulous opportunity in working with new drivers to get them started in a great career with a company that will support and encourage them for their entire career.
“If you want a career, Gypsum Express is the place to be.”
“I’m married with four kids all under the age of six, so home time is very important to me to spend time with my wife and kids, and Gypsum does a very good job making sure that they balance home time with me also getting miles and making that pay check to provide for my family.”
“Gypsum Express’s training program is the most comprehensive and the most extensive. That’s why I came to Gypsum. The reason I stayed with Gypsum is because everything they told me in all their promotional stuff was absolutely 100% true.”
“They helped me learn, they stood by me, they were always there to answer questions for me; even if I was 500 miles away, there was someone I could call for help. And whenever I’ve had a family emergency, and there’s been a few, they were right there for me.”
“I’ve been here for six and a half years and can’t find a better company… I wish I would’ve found this company a long time ago.”